Wisconsin, Minnesota, UP Fall Color
Fall color change is beginning in Wisconsin; we are starting to see the lime green peeking out among the wooded hillsides. Looks like it might be a week or two earlier this year than in recent years.
The earliest fall color will occur in Northern Wisconsin from Vilas County to Hurley-Ironwood in the western Upper Peninsula. But timing your trip to catch real good color can be fickle and sometimes catching the earliest color doesn’t mean catching the best!
For your upcoming scenic fall color drive planning, I am listing lower down this page some of our earlier ScenicPathways articles on some of our favorite scenic fall color drives in Wisconsin, along the Mississippi Great River Road, and around Lake Superior.
Fall Color Trips – Wisconsin, Minnesota, Upper Peninsula
- Effigy Mounds National Park – Mississippi River Road
- Red Wing-Winona River Road Color Loop
- Fall Color Drives Door County Wisconsin
- St. Croix Falls Interstate Park – Fall Color
- Fall Color Drive Minnesota North Shore Scenic Highway 61
- Fall Color Drives Michigan Upper Peninsula
- Wisconsin Cheese Country Fall Color Drive
- Winona to Red Wing Minnesota – Fall River Road Scenic Drive