New Travel & Review articles:
- Mississippi-Alabama Gulf Coast: Visitor attractions & camping along the Mississippi-Alabama gulf coast drive.
- Cedar Keys Wildlife Refuge: Cedar Keys Nature and Hiking Trails
Shell Mound Campground
- Visiting Dauphin Island: Things to See and Do on Dauphin Island
Dauphin Island Campground Review
- Campground Reviews: Best Wisconsin Great River Road Campgrounds
- Restaurant Reviews: Best Restaurants in Cedar Key, Florida
Peg Leg Pete’s Pensacola Beach
Carmen’s Lunch Bar Pensacola
- Hidden Gulf Coast Gem: Top Things to Do in Cedar Key, Gem of the Hidden Coast
New Motorhome Review & RV Show Articles
- New RoadTrek Class B: RoadTrek has risen from the dead! Now offering 5 new Class B RVs for US and Canadian travelers.
- Camper Van Reviews: Pop-Top Camper Vans – The modern day successors to the VW Westy Camper Bus.
- 2020 Update: Best Compact Motorhomes for 2020
- 2020 Update: Best Class B RVs for 2021
- Update: 2021 RV Shows: Best RV Shows for 2021
- Best Modular Camper Vans – Save money and have a dual purpose cargo and camper van.
- RV Reviews: Winnebago Fuse Review
One of the top compact class C RVs
- Best RV Camping Parks – Chiefland, Florida
Some of our favorite scenic drives
~Florida Gulf Coast Scenic Drive
We’ve several articles on interesting towns and places along the Florida Gulf Coast from Pensacola to Apalachicola and as far south as Cedar Keys, a Gulf resort beach community about 150 miles south of Tallahassee.
- Part 1 Hwy 98 Gulf Coast Drive – Pensacola to Destin
- Scenic Highway 30A – Destin to Rosemary Beach
- Part 2 Hwy 98 Gulf Coast Drive – Panama City to Apalachicola
- Part 3 Hwy 98 Gulf Coast Drive – Apalachicola to Cedar Keys
Some popular Gulf Coast Drive destinations:
- Visiting Cedar Key, Gulf Coast Island Village. A fun resort town on the Gulf away from throngs.
- Two favorite campgrounds near Cedar Key:
Shell Mound County Park and Manatee Springs State Park.
- Fort Pickens – Gulf Islands National Park & Campground
Excellent uncrowded beaches, hiking trails, top quality campground, and interesting military history.
- Visiting Pensacola, Things to See and Do
Attractive historic city whose roots trace back to the earliest European settlements.
Top Florida-Mississippi Gulf Shore Campground Reviews
- Campground Review for Florida’s Big Lagoon State Park
- Campground Review Mississippi Davis Bayou NP campground.
- Campground Review Fort Pickens – Pensacola Beach
- Indian Pass Campground Review
- Shell Mound Campground Review
- Grayton Beach State Park Campground Review
- Dauphin Island Campground
- Strawberry Fields RV Campground
~Natchez Trace Parkway – History, Nature, Stress-Free Drive
The original National Parkway runs from historic Natchez, MS to just south of Nashville, Tennessee along a nicely paved drive past rural woods and fields devoid of commercial signs and truck traffic. Historic structures along the Trace have been preserved and hundreds of historic markers tell the story of key events along the road. It’s a pretty drive, especially when the rose buds and dogwoods are in bloom, and very relaxing. See our 3 page Natchez Trace Travelogue here, including information on camping along the Trace.
~Upper Mississippi Great River Road
One of our favorite scenic drives is along the Upper Mississippi Great River Road (see maps and articles here). During this section of the Great River Road, much of the scenic drive runs along the actual river itself and through picturesque smaller towns who owe their founding to an era when travel along the Great River was the primary means of moving goods and people north and south. The picture (above) shows a view from Effigy Mounds National Monument Park located on the top of one of the many bluffs that line the river along the Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota scenic drives.
Best Upper Mississippi Great River Road Campgrounds for RV Travelers
We review the top campgrounds along the Great River Road that offer scenic views, decent sites for RV campers, modern washroom facilities, hiking trails and other attractions appealing to travelers (vs long stay parks)
- Best Wisconsin Great River Road Campgrounds
- Review: Grant River Corps Campground, Potosi, WI
- River Road Campground Review: Mississippi Palisades Park, Savanna, IL
- River Road Campground Review: Pikes Peak Park, McGregor, IA
Here are some of our more popular Scenic Pathways travel articles you might enjoy:
- Natchez Trace Scenic Drive
Historic scenic byway, no stoplights, ad signs, nor commercial traffic. 50 mph speed limit. Hundreds of historic markers and exhibits along the route.
- St. Croix Interstate Park & Campground along the St. Croix National Scenic River. See our beautiful fall color pictures. The park offers camping on both sides of the river and some terrific hiking and scenery along the canyon rim of the river.
- Scenic Travel & RV Guides
While the Internet has a wealth of information, we always use and like hand-held books and guides that require no electricity or wireless connection to use!
- Agate and Rock Picking on Lake Superior Beaches Finding pretty rocks and agates is a favorite pastime on Lake Superior’s uncrowded and expansive sand beaches.
- Hot Springs National Park & Campground
One of the oldest National Parks with an interesting history, historical spas, and a terrific network of day hiking trails and scenic overlooks.
- RV Travel Links and Resources
If you are a camper or RV traveler, here’s some of our favorite and useful links to Internet guides to campgrounds and parks, other blogs with useful scenic travel info, and other stuff of interest to the motor home and rv campers.
- Pods Trailers, Tear-Drops & Ultra-Lite Campers
See photos, our reports, and links to some of the new models of travel trailers and RVs.
Using the Search Box
You can use the Search box to find information of interest (like RV Camping) or sometimes the topic of your interest is among the drill down links in the Main Menu. For example if you are interested in seeing maps of the Great River Road Scenic Drive, go to the Menu item “Scenic Drives & Scenic Places” then to Menu item “Great River Road Scenic Drive” and then in the drop-down menu see “Great River Road Map & Directory.”