Campground Reviews, Motorhome Reviews, Scenic Travel
What’s new in Scenic Travel and RVing.
Scroll down the page for our articles and reviews on RVs, Campgrounds, RV Parks, and scenic drives and scenic attractions.
New Scenic Travel and RVing Articles:
- Fort Pickens Campground – RVing and tent camping at Fort Pickens National Park
- Hot Springs National Park Campground – First Come, First Served – in person reservations only
- RV Campground Directory – Mississippi Gulf Coast Drive
See our notes on RV camping facilities along the Mississippi Gulf Coast
- RV Campground Directory – Alabama Gulf Coast Drive
See our notes on RV camping facilities along the Alabama Gulf Coast
These two campground reviews and directories list RV campgrounds and RV resorts along or near the Gulf Coast Highway from the Louisiana-Mississippi state line to the Alabama-Florida state line.
Other More Recent Rving Campground Reviews
- Florida Campground Reviews: Best RV Campgrounds & RV Parks – Cedar Key – Chiefland, Florida
- Cedar Keys Camping: Shell Mound RV Campground
- Dauphin Island Camping: Dauphin Island RV Campground Review
- Great River Road Camping: Our Reviews of the Top Wisconsin and Iowa RV Campgrounds along the Great River Road
Go Here > MORE RV Campground Reviews
Newest RV and Motorhome Reviews
- Winnebago’s Newest Compact Motorhomes – We toured the Ekko, Solis PX, and Solis Pocket at the Winnebago Grand National Rally
- Update: 2022 RV Shows: Best RV Shows for 2022
- Our Top-Rated Compact Motorhomes for 2021: The best of a shrinking market segment.
- Camper Van Reviews: Pop-Top Camper Vans – The modern day successors to the VW Westy Camper Bus are becoming very popular among new buyers.
- Update: Best Class B RVs for 2021: Is the Travato still the leader?
- Best Modular Camper Vans – Save money and have a dual purpose cargo and camper van.
Go Here > MORE Motorhome Reviews
Newest Scenic Travel Articles
- Mississippi-Alabama Gulf Coast: Visitor attractions & camping along the Mississippi-Alabama gulf coast drive.
- Hidden Gulf Coast Gem: Top Things to Do in Cedar Key, Gem of the Hidden Coast
Cedar Key is Ranked by USA Today in America’s Top Ten Small Town Culture Scenes.
- Cedar Keys Wildlife Refuge: Cedar Keys Nature and Hiking Trails
- Visiting Dauphin Island: Things to See and Do on Dauphin Island
- Restaurant Reviews: Best Restaurants in Cedar Key, Florida
Peg Leg Pete’s Pensacola Beach
Carmen’s Lunch Bar Pensacola
Treasure Camp on the banks of the Suwannee
Best Outdoor Dining and Drinking in Cedar Key-Chiefland Florida
Camper Van and Trailer Reviews
See the Airstream Bambi and Top Picks of Compact Towable RVs – Small full-featured travel trailers suitable for extended stay and maybe even full-time RVing
New RoadTrek Class B CamperVan : RoadTrek has risen from the dead! Now offering 5 new Class B RVs for US and Canadian travelers.
Some of our favorite scenic drives
~Florida Gulf Coast Scenic Drive
Our Gulf Coast Scenic Drive series contains articles on interesting towns and places along the Florida Gulf Coast from Pensacola to Apalachicola and as far south as Cedar Keys, a Gulf resort beach community about 150 miles south of Tallahassee. One important feature of the attractive communities along this scenic drive is they are less crowded with tourists than South Florida. You can actually find a campsite or get a table at a neat restaurant or pub without an advance reservation.
- Scenic Hwy 98, Traveling the Gulf Coast Drive – Pensacola to Destin
- Traveling Scenic Highway 30A – Destin to Rosemary Beach
- Visitor Attractions Scenic Hwy 98 Gulf Coast Drive – Panama City to Apalachicola
- Traveling Scenic Hwy 98 Gulf Coast Drive – Apalachicola to Cedar Keys
Articles on Some Favorite Gulf Coast Drive Visitor Attractions:
- Visiting Cedar Key, Gulf Coast Island Village. A fun resort town on the Gulf away from throngs.
- Two favorite campgrounds near Cedar Key:
Shell Mound County Park and Manatee Springs State Park.
- Fort Pickens – Gulf Islands National Park & Campground
Excellent uncrowded beaches, hiking trails, top quality campground, and interesting military history.
- Visiting Pensacola, Things to See and Do
Attractive historic city whose roots trace back to the earliest European settlements.
Reviews of the Top Florida-Mississippi Gulf Shore Campgrounds for RVs
Mississippi Gulf Coast Campground Reviews
Florida Panhandle Gulf Coast RVing Campground Reviews
- RV Campground Review for Florida’s Big Lagoon State Park
- RV Campground Review Fort Pickens – Pensacola Beach
- Indian Pass RV Campground Review
- Grayton Beach State Park RV Campground Review
Big Bend Gulf Coast Campground Reviews
~Upper Mississippi Great River Road Scenic Byway
One of our favorite scenic drives is along the Upper Mississippi Great River Road (see maps and articles here). During this section of the Great River Road, much of the scenic drive runs along the actual river itself and through picturesque smaller towns who owe their founding to an era when travel along the Great River was the primary means of moving goods and people north and south. The picture (above) shows a view from Effigy Mounds National Monument Park located on the top of one of the many bluffs that line the river along the Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota scenic drives.
Best Upper Mississippi Great River Road Campgrounds for RV Travelers
We review the top RV campgrounds along the Great River Road that offer scenic views, decent sites for RV campers, modern washroom facilities, hiking trails and other attractions appealing to travelers (vs long stay parks)
- Best Wisconsin Great River Road RV Campgrounds
- Review: Grant River Corps RV Campground, Potosi, WI
- River Road RV Campground Review: Mississippi Palisades Park, Savanna, IL
- River Road RV Campground Review: Pikes Peak Park, McGregor, IA
~Natchez Trace Parkway – A Scenic Stress-Free Drive, packed with many historical and nature attractions
The original National Parkway runs North from historic Natchez, MS to just south of Nashville, Tennessee along a nicely paved drive past rural woods and fields devoid of commercial signs and truck traffic. Historic structures along the Trace have been preserved and hundreds of historic markers tell the story of key events along the road. It’s a pretty drive, especially when the rose buds and dogwoods are in bloom, and very relaxing. See our 3 page Natchez Trace Travelogue here, including information on camping along the Trace.
Here are some of other popular Scenic Pathways travel articles you might enjoy:
- St. Croix Interstate Park & Campground along the St. Croix National Scenic River. See our beautiful fall color pictures. The park offers camping on both sides of the river and some terrific hiking and scenery along the canyon rim of the river.
- Scenic Travel & RV Guides
While the Internet has a wealth of information, we always use and like hand-held books and guides that require no electricity or wireless connection to use!
- Agate and Rock Picking on Lake Superior Beaches Finding pretty rocks and agates is a favorite pastime on Lake Superior’s uncrowded and expansive sand beaches.
- Hot Springs National Park & Campground
One of the oldest National Parks with an interesting history, historical spas, and a terrific network of day hiking trails and scenic overlooks.
- RV Travel Links and Resources
If you are a camper or RV traveler, here’s some of our favorite and useful links to Internet guides to campgrounds and parks, other blogs with useful scenic travel info, and other stuff of interest to the motor home and rv campers.
- Pods Trailers, Tear-Drops & Ultra-Lite Campers
See photos, our reports, and links to some of the new models of travel trailers and RVs.
Using the Search Box
You can use the Search box to find information of interest (like RV Camping) or sometimes the topic of your interest is among the drill down links in the Main Menu. For example if you are interested in seeing maps of the Great River Road Scenic Drive, go to the Menu item “Scenic Drives & Scenic Places” then to Menu item “Great River Road Scenic Drive” and then in the drop-down menu see “Great River Road Map & Directory.”