We recently returned from our drive along Florida’s Scenic Gulf Coast Highway 98 from Pensacola Beach to south of Tallahassee. At Tallahassee, Highway 98 moves away from the coast and technically no longer a coastal drive. However, we had heard good things about Cedar Keys, a Gulf resort beach community about 150 miles south of Tallahassee. So we took a drive down that far and we really impressed. See our article on things to see and do visiting Cedar Key. Also found two campgrounds down there we like: Shell Mound County Park and Manatee Springs State Park.
We also recently finished posting our Fall Color Trip along the Upper Mississippi Great River Road and our spring 2017 trip to the Florida Panhandle (Destin HarborWalk) and along the Natchez Trace Parkway.
Some other New Posts you might enjoy:
- Compact European Motorhomes – Lots of space and top quality in a small footprint
- Best USA-Canadian Compact Motorhomes – Trying harder to match Europe’s standards!
- Winter-Spring 2018 Top RV Shows – Our calendar of best RV shows to catch this winter and spring.
- Hot Springs National Park – Updated posts with new info on RV Camping, Hiking Trails, and other attractions
- Historic Mineral Point Wisconsin – unique boutiques, artisan attractions, antiques, historic inns, etc.
- “Extreme Travel Trailers” – Camping Trailers for Back Country Camping
Other recent posts:
- Visiting Historic Natchez, MS
- Best Natchez Restaurants & Pubs
- Pensacola Beach Florida
- Destin Florida Harborwalk & Beaches
- Best Restaurants in Pensacola Beach
- Blue Angels Air Show practice at the Pensacola NAS
- Chicago RV & Camping Show
- Part 2. Gulf Coast Scenic Drive
- Grayton Beach, Florida
- Apalachicola, Florida
- Duluth & Minnesota North Shore Holiday Events
Here are some of our more popular Scenic Pathways travel articles you might enjoy:
- Fort Pickens – Gulf Islands National Park & Campground
Excellent uncrowded beaches, hiking trails, top quality campground, and interesting military history.
- Visiting Pensacola, Things to See and Do
Attractive historic city whose roots trace back to the earliest European settlements.
- Natchez Trace Scenic Drive
Historic scenic byway, no stoplights, ad signs, nor commercial traffic. 50 mph speed limit. Hundreds of historic markers and exhibits along the route.
- St. Croix Interstate Park & Campground along the St. Croix National Scenic River. Great hiking and scenery along the canyon rim.
- Scenic Travel & RV Guides
While the Internet has a wealth of information, we always use and like hand-held books and guides that require no electricity or wireless connection to use!
- Agate and Rock Picking on Lake Superior Beaches Finding pretty rocks and agates is a favorite pastime on Lake Superior’s uncrowded and expansive sand beaches.
- Hot Springs National Park & Campground
One of the oldest National Parks with an interesting history, historical spas, and a terrific network of day hiking trails and scenic overlooks.
- Upper Mississippi River Road
The most scenic of the entire Mississippi Great River Road
- Dubuque’s Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium
A unique museum and aquarium with attractions for all ages.
- Our National Parks Directory
Links to profiles, pictures, and information on some interesting parks within the National Parks system that you may not have heard of.
- RV Travel Links and Resources
If you are a camper or RV traveler, here’s some of our favorite and useful links to Internet guides to campgrounds and parks, other blogs with useful scenic travel info, and other stuff of interest to the motor home and rv campers.
- Pods Trailers, Tear-Drops & Ultra-Lite Campers
See photos, our reports, and links to some of the new models of travel trailers and RVs.
Last winter we continued our exploration of the Florida Gulf Coast Scenic Drive from Pensacola Beach to historic Apalachicola, Florida. If you are in the Florida panhandle this fall, plan to catch the Florida Seafood Festival in Apalachicola.
You can use the Search box to find information of interest or drill down through Categories of interest in the Menu at the top of the page. For example if you are interested in looking at what we have relating to Minnesota Travel along the Lake Superior Route, go to Scenic Drives > Lake Superior Circle Tour > and click on the subcategory Minnesota Travel.