We are currently working on a series of articles on scenic drives in Southwest Wisconsin. The landscape in this region was formed by a unique geological occurrence that escaped the flow of glaciers and as a result is known as the the Driftless Area. This has produced a landscape of rolling hills, steep bluffs, rock outcroppings, mixed woods and fields, lush valleys, and creeks and rivers abound. It is also a largely rural area whose villages have retained their character. The first three posts in this series are:
- Cheese Country Fall Color Drive
- Part 1 Cheese Country Scenic Drive
- Part 2 Cheese Country Scenic Drive,
- Visiting Monroe Wisconsin, and
- Visiting Historic Shullsburg.
Other recent posts:
- Duluth & Minnesota North Shore Holiday Events
- Chicago RV & Camping Show
- Part 2. Gulf Coast Scenic Drive
- Grayton Beach, Florida
- Apalachicola, Florida
Here are some of our more popular Scenic Pathways travel articles you might enjoy:
- Fort Pickens – Gulf Islands National Park & Campground
- Visiting Pensacola, Things to See and Do
- Natchez Trace Scenic Drive
- St. Croix Interstate Park & Campground along the St. Croix National Scenic River
- Scenic Travel & RV Guides
While the Internet has a wealth of information, we always use and like hand-held books and guides that require no electricity or wireless connection to use!
- Agate and Rock Picking on Lake Superior Beaches
- Hot Springs National Park & Campground
- Upper Mississippi River Road
- Dubuque’s Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium
- Our National Parks Directory
Links to profiles, pictures, and information on some interesting parks within the National Parks system that you may not have heard of.
- RV Travel Links and Resources
If you are a camper or RV traveler, here’s some of our favorite and useful links to Internet guides to campgrounds and parks, other blogs with useful scenic travel info, and other stuff of interest to the motor home and rv campers.
- Pods Trailers, Tear-Drops & Ultra-Lite Campers
See photos, our reports, and links to some of the new models of travel trailers and RVs.
Last winter we continued our exploration of the Florida Gulf Coast Scenic Drive from Pensacola Beach to historic Apalachicola, Florida. If you are in the Florida panhandle this fall, plan to catch the Florida Seafood Festival in Apalachicola.
You can use the Search box to find information of interest or drill down through Categories of interest in the Menu at the top of the page. For example if you are interested in looking at what we have relating to Minnesota Travel along the Lake Superior Route, go to Scenic Drives > Lake Superior Circle Tour > and click on the subcategory Minnesota Travel.